Subject: bug#76763: TUTORIAL: Add suggestion to Palm-Press CONTROL Key

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 13:44:57 -0700

Prafulla Giri <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wednesday, March 5th, 2025 at 7:36 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I think this fits the Emacs FAQ better than it fits the tutorial.
>
> I think it is better if novices were shown the healthier way right from the
> get-go: the tutorial. Discussions of RSI-prevention is often intensive: covering
> custom keybindings, split-keyboards, etc. much above what a novice can take
> in. In my own case, I'd heard of Emacs pinkie but didn't exactly know what it
> was till I woke up with them; and I'd deferred learning about ergonomic emacs
> til I sufficiently mastered vanilla emacs. I really wish I had someone tell me
> to palm-press to begin with. And what better place than the tutorial itself? I
> think we'll save upcoming generations starting on the now-prevalent keyboard
> lots of strain if we only give them a heads up.

It seems like Eli disagrees with adding this to the tutorial, so I would
suggest adding this to the FAQ instead.  I think the information as such
is useful.

Prafulla, would you like to suggest a patch that does that?