Subject: bug#7676: 24.0.50; incorrect doc about mouse selection

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 11:49:53 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 14:11:33 -0800
> Cc: 
> 
> The Emacs manual section about mouse selection (node Mouse Commands) is
> out of date.

It's too early to send bug reports about the Emacs 24 manuals, for
significant changes that are mentioned in NEWS without either the
"+++" or the "---" markers.  Those unmarked NEWS entries will be
reviewed when Emacs 24 is close to pretest, and the relevant manual
sections fixed to fit the changes.  This is a routine part of
preparations for pretesting a new major release.

Of course, volunteers are welcome to send patches for the manuals
before that; if accepted, we could mark the NEWS entries with "+++"
(meaning they are already documented).  But having a bug report about
that at this time serves no useful purpose.  It just artificially
bloats the list of "unresolved" bugs.

So I would suggest to close this bug report.