Subject: [bug#76746] [PATCH 00/13] Add spotify-downloader.

From: 45mg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2025 12:33:29 +0000

Hi Sharlatan,

Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]> writes:

> The easiest fix - use [email-masked] which inherits
> [email-masked] and keeps all derivations away from
> re-build.

I addressed this in the v2 [1].

> Depending on the load in QA it may be detected and reported, I might
> help here with.
> [PATCH 03/13] gnu: python-rich: Update to 13.9.4.
> [PATCH 02/13] gnu: python-rapidfuzz: Update to 3.10.1.

So, it's been over two weeks, and it doesn't look like QA has done
anything with this patch series. But maybe I'm not looking in the right
place; I don't really understand how our QA is supposed to work.

https://qa.guix.gnu.org/patches has been down for a while now, so I
can't check there. From the 2023 blog post on QA [2], I deduced that
https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/ needs to apply this patch series as a
branch; it looks like it hasn't done that (I don't see a branch called
issue-76746).

What should we do now?

> To ensure the build regression check after 3/13 and 2/13 I would apply
> this checks:
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> ./pre-inst-env guix build -P 1 python-rich
> ./pre-inst-env guix build -P 1 python-rapidfuzz
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> that insures any dependent where packages in the first level still
> build.
>
> Or you may take a look at python-team and check if that packages are
> already updated (its in the queue to be merged soon
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/75751).

No, neither python-rich nor python-rapidfuzz have been updated on
python-team. If that branch is tested by QA, maybe these patches could
be applied there? (Specifically 2/13 and 3/13; the others should not
cause any major rebuilds anyway.)

Thanks for your interest here. I hope we can get this merged before
spotify-downloader gets bumped to the next version :_)

> --
> Oleg

[1] https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]/
[2] https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2023/a-new-quality-assurance-tool-for-guix/