Subject: [bug#76746] [PATCH 00/13] Add spotify-downloader.

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2025 22:54:06 +0000

Hi 45mg,

Thanks for the patch series.

I've started the review will report on any findings on my free time.

> If my understanding is correct, patch 4/13 will cause huge rebuilds
> (~4000 packages) as it changes the derivation for python-websockets to
> inherit from the new python-websockets-14. I don't know how we normally
> handle this. Guidance would be appreciated.

The easiest fix - use [email-masked] which inherits
[email-masked] and keeps all derivations away from
re-build.

Depending on the load in QA it may be detected and reported, I might
help here with.
[PATCH 03/13] gnu: python-rich: Update to 13.9.4.
[PATCH 02/13] gnu: python-rapidfuzz: Update to 3.10.1.

To ensure the build regression check after 3/13 and 2/13 I would apply
this checks:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
./pre-inst-env guix build -P 1 python-rich
./pre-inst-env guix build -P 1 python-rapidfuzz
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
that insures any dependent where packages in the first level still
build.

Or you may take a look at python-team and check if that packages are
already updated (its in the queue to be merged soon
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/75751).

--
Oleg