Subject: Re: bug#76744: [PATCH] etags test doesn't pass

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2025 11:22:52 -0800

Vladimir Gorsunov <[email-masked]> writes:

>   Test for etags fails since commit 4da38c63 when update-copyrights script
> inserted new lines into some of the test files. Including a patch that
> reverts added lines and adds a check to the script

Thanks for the bug report.

> From 06de986b4d1805d8a2ab273bfd74eae235643eff Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Vladimir Gorsunov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2025 20:06:06 +0300
> Subject: [PATCH] Fix test/manual/etags
>
> Test for etags doesn't work since new lines had been added to some test
> data files by update-copyrights script
>
> * build-aux/update-copyright: Added check to not change test data

This script is maintained in Gnulib, so I'm not sure where to put this,
as it's only relevant to Emacs.

I'm also not sure why changes in the below files caused would have
caused the etags tests to fail now, when they didn't before.

> * test/manual/etags/c-src/emacs/src/gmalloc.c:
> * test/manual/etags/y-src/parse.c: