Subject: Re: bug#76742: el-mock not found on 9.0.1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2025 17:44:58 +0100

Thanks for investigating.
I wasn't worried about the installation itself :)

Have a nice day,

On 2025-03-04T16:58:21.000+01:00, Mats Lidell <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>  Mats Lidell writes: 
>>  
>>>   Alexis Praga via Bug-hyperbole via writes: Hi, I'm trying
>>>   Hyperbole and got the following error on 9.0.1 on ELPA with
>>>   emacs 30.1 during install: kotl-mode-tests.el:22:11: Error:
>>>   Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, el-mock Hope
>>>   that helps,
>>  
>>   Hi Alexis, The test files and el-mock are intended to only be
>>  activated/touched when running the tests. This should not happen
>>  during a normal install. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
>>  Will investigate. %% Mats
> 
>  I can recreate the error. We have not turned of byte compilation of
> all of the test files that are using el-mock. We will have to be
> more thorough and ensure this going forward. Please note that this
> only affects byte compilation of some of the unit test. It will not
> affect the installation of Hyperbole since it does not use the test
> files. %% Mats