Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: gdal: Update to 3.10.2 and fix rpaths.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2025 15:57:19 +0100

Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]> writes:

> It looks like Ricardo has pushed update alread in
> f2229c2afdb32ddba46bce6f37aba812af39eec5 commit.

Oh, I'm sorry I missed this.

I only updated to 3.8.2 because I didn't want to risk breaking too 
many
dependents.  My goal was to fix python-geopandas ASAP when I 
attempted
to fix this at the same time as Lars sent the patch.

The 'fix-rpath phase is unnecessary, because gdal's build system 
already
takes care of building files with the correct RPATH --- they just 
don't
get installed for unknown reasons.

Lars, ff the dependents of gdal build fine after the upgrade to 
3.10.2
I'd be happy to push an edited version of this patch.

-- 
Ricardo