Subject: 31.0.50; Input freezes on Master

From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2025 21:56:42 -0300

*****

Since commit 29a9fd4f4ba17822eca0f00c2037da3868bd874e emacs on the
terminal freezes when scrolling a buffer. This happens only in the
terminal (emacs -nw) gui emacs seems to work fine. pressing C-g multiple
times seems to unlock it. I tested in multiple terminal emulators with
the same result.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.48, cairo version 1.18.2) of 2025-03-03 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: 96d26b493618f59bbdd4de86be65e784735541c8
Repository branch: HEAD
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
  'configure --with-pgtk --enable-link-time-optimization
  --disable-gc-mark-trace'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   savehist-mode: t
   vertico-multiform-mode: t
   vertico-flat-mode: t
   vertico-mode: t
   electric-pair-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides 
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/standard-themes-2.2.0/theme-loaddefs
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20250301.2218/transient hides 
/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/transient
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides 
/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug lisp-mnt mm-archive sort smiley gnus-cite mail-extr
textsec-check gnus-bcklg qp gnus-async gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic
hl-line nndraft nnmh nnmaildir cl-extra help-mode epa-file
network-stream nsm nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls
dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus compile comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring comp-run comp-common rx xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
browse-url xdg url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons json map url-vars
mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message sendmail mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
text-property-search time-date subr-x mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib savehist vertico-multiform
vertico-flat byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile vertico compat init
elec-pair info ace-window-autoloads cape-autoloads
casual-suite-autoloads casual-avy-autoloads avy-autoloads
casual-symbol-overlay-autoloads casual-autoloads
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow-autoloads debbugs-autoloads
doom-themes-autoloads easy-kill-autoloads eat-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads elfeed-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads
consult-autoloads embark-autoloads fish-mode-autoloads gptel-autoloads
hyprlang-ts-mode-autoloads i3wm-config-mode-autoloads kkp-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
llama-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads mini-ontop-autoloads
ninja-mode-autoloads notink-theme-autoloads nov-autoloads
esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads odin-mode-autoloads orderless-autoloads
org-modern-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
selected-window-accent-mode-autoloads show-font-autoloads
spacious-padding-autoloads speedrect-autoloads standard-themes-autoloads
status-autoloads symbol-overlay-autoloads tablist-autoloads
transient-autoloads unspecified-theme-autoloads most-faces-autoloads
vertico-autoloads visible-mark-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads xah-fly-keys-autoloads yeetube-autoloads
yuck-mode-autoloads zenburn-theme-autoloads zig-mode-autoloads
early-init g3r-dark-theme rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 248752 201380) (symbols 48 17419 20)
  (strings 32 69476 43147) (string-bytes 1 2275589) (vectors 16 41787)
  (vector-slots 8 456692 73795) (floats 8 417 351)
  (intervals 56 534 226) (buffers 992 11))

-- 
German Pacenza