Subject: bug#76729: 31.0.50; Input freezes on Master

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2025 04:55:13 +0100

Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 3/3/25 17:05, Stefan Kangas wrote:
>> German Pacenza <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>>> Since commit 29a9fd4f4ba17822eca0f00c2037da3868bd874e emacs on the
>>> terminal freezes when scrolling a buffer. This happens only in the
>>> terminal (emacs -nw) gui emacs seems to work fine. pressing C-g multiple
>>> times seems to unlock it.
>
> Thanks for the bug report. When you say "scrolling a buffer", how are
> you scrolling it? Are you using C-v, or using a mouse wheel, or what?
>
> Do you have the same problem if you do not use
> --enable-link-time-optimization when configuring Emacs?

I guess I'm seeing something similar, running on a TTY.

I'm just typing something and Emacs "gets stuck", not reacting to key
presses anymore. Every time I interrupt it in LLDB, I see that it is
somewhere in command_loop_1, wait_reading_process_input, thread_select
and so on, but it's not doing anything.

Not sure how, but sometimes at least C-g several times seems to get
things going again after some tries. And sometimes it gets going again
by itself? Not sure. Not reproducible at will, alas.