Subject: [PATCH emacs-guix 0/4] Refresh package emacs-guix

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2025 03:01:21 +0100

This is a series of refreshing commits for emacs-guix.

This is done in an effort to port emacs-guix to
guile-ares-rs/emacs-arei backend, currently in progress here :
https://git.sr.ht/~ngraves/emacs-guix

This is still a WIP, I'd still like to replace old references to
guix-environment by references to guix shell at least.  I'm not able
to test all changes, since guix-command seems to be broken (before
this patch series I mean).

Thus, I invite users of emacs-guix to try that series and report any
bug that could have been caused by it.

Nicolas Graves (5):
  Switch to transient
  Improve most docstrings
  Remove dash dependency, introduce llama library
  Use a development channel instead of guix.scm
  Update NEWS

 .guix-channel                              |   3 +
 NEWS                                       |  10 +
 README                                     |   2 +-
 guix.scm => channel/emacs-guix-channel.scm |  69 +++----
 channel/emacs-guix-channel.scm.next        | 104 ++++++++++
 configure.ac                               |  32 +--
 doc/emacs-guix.texi                        |  59 +++---
 doc/htmlxref.cnf                           |   6 +-
 elisp/guix-about.el                        |   2 +-
 elisp/guix-build-config.el.in              |   7 +-
 elisp/guix-build-log.el                    |  28 +--
 elisp/guix-command.el                      | 162 ++++++++-------
 elisp/guix-config.el                       |   2 +-
 elisp/guix-default-config.el               |   2 +-
 elisp/guix-external.el                     |  12 +-
 elisp/guix-geiser.el                       |   9 +-
 elisp/guix-graph.el                        |   2 +-
 elisp/guix-guile.el                        |   6 +-
 elisp/guix-help-vars.el                    |  37 ++--
 elisp/guix-help.el                         |  15 +-
 elisp/guix-license.el                      |   3 +-
 elisp/guix-misc.el                         |  24 ++-
 elisp/guix-package.el                      |   2 +-
 elisp/guix-pcomplete.el                    |  15 +-
 elisp/guix-popup.el                        | 227 ---------------------
 elisp/guix-prettify.el                     |   4 +-
 elisp/guix-profiles.el                     |  32 +--
 elisp/guix-read.el                         |   8 +-
 elisp/guix-repl.el                         |  43 ++--
 elisp/guix-transient.el                    | 187 +++++++++++++++++
 elisp/guix-ui-generation.el                |  62 +++---
 elisp/guix-ui-license.el                   |  18 +-
 elisp/guix-ui-lint-checker.el              |  15 +-
 elisp/guix-ui-messages.el                  |  16 +-
 elisp/guix-ui-package-location.el          |   6 +-
 elisp/guix-ui-package.el                   | 104 +++++-----
 elisp/guix-ui-profile.el                   |  65 +++---
 elisp/guix-ui-service-location.el          |   6 +-
 elisp/guix-ui-service.el                   |  32 ++-
 elisp/guix-ui-store-item.el                |  46 +++--
 elisp/guix-ui-system-generation.el         |  24 ++-
 elisp/guix-ui-system.el                    |  17 +-
 elisp/guix-ui.el                           |  16 +-
 elisp/guix-utils.el                        |  92 ++++-----
 elisp/guix.el                              |   2 +-
 elisp/local.mk                             |  10 +-
 46 files changed, 895 insertions(+), 750 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 .guix-channel
 rename guix.scm => channel/emacs-guix-channel.scm (50%)
 create mode 100644 channel/emacs-guix-channel.scm.next
 delete mode 100644 elisp/guix-popup.el
 create mode 100644 elisp/guix-transient.el

-- 
2.48.1