Subject: Re: [bug#76699] [PATCH emacs-guix 0/4] Refresh package emacs-guix

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 14:28:08 +0100

On 2025-03-09 22:05, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>
>> - replacing the guix-ui mode with its proper transient (on *Guix info*,
>> hitting `h` almost spawns a transient-like menu, so it might be more
>> maintainable with transient itself, and with a popping transient,
>> there's no need for buttons), and probably a beautified read-only
>> rec-mode like interface ; if we manage to inject recutils from scheme,
>> it might be a lot less code to maintain in emacs-guix.
>
> I’m not sure I’d rely on ‘rec-mode’ for this (I think the current
> interface is more pleasant than a raw recutils record as view with
> rec-mode, and it’s interactive too), but I don’t know.

My point here is that I would prefer a new transient menu in this *Guix
package info* instead of sparse buttons, since it's already based on
transient.  I agree the view is more pleasant, but I think it's quite
likely that the emacs-bui package will not be developped
again. `rec-mode` is probably too rough, I'll try and find an
intermediary alternative.

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves