Subject: Re: bug#76691: `display-monitor-attributes-list` not working properly on macOS

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2025 10:04:07 +0100

>>>>> On Tue, 4 Mar 2025 11:06:29 -0500, Ship Mints <[email-masked]> said:

    Ship> On Tue, Mar 4, 2025 at 10:59 AM Ship Mints <[email-masked]> wrote:
    >> On Tue, Mar 4, 2025 at 10:34 AM Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> wrote:
    >> 
    >>> It gives me reasonable looking names here:
    >>> 
    >>> (((name . "PL3467WQ") (geometry 0 0 3440 1440) (workarea 0 25 3440
    >>> 1415) (mm-size 801 329) (frames #<frame *scratch* 0x131887028>)
    >>> (source . "NS")) ((name . "Built-in Display") (geometry 459 1440 2048
    >>> 1332) (workarea 459 1440 2048 1287) (mm-size 290 189) (frames) (source
    >>> . "NS")))
    >>> 
    >> 
    >> Robert,
    >> 
    >> When you run (x-display-list), what do you get? Just your host name,
    >> right? And if you unplug and replug your monitors and rerun?
    >> 

I get just my host name.

    Ship> And also (display-monitor-attributes-list) just to make sure it works with
    Ship> comings and goings of displays.

I unplugged and replugged my external monitor, and Emacs crashed in
`read_char', which is a different crash from the one I saw earlier,
which was in `Fx_create_frame'. Iʼve got the lldb session if it helps.

Robert
--