Subject: Re: bug#76691: `display-monitor-attributes-list` not working properly on macOS

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2025 10:02:38 +0200

>>>>> On Wed, 28 May 2025 15:17:33 -0400, Ship Mints <[email-masked]> said:
    >> It applied cleanly alongside my patch, so I think we're good. I'll do
    >> a test build in a bit and I think we can get both patches pushed up
    >> once someone with two screen checks mine.
    >> 
    >> Do you want to finish off the commit message or should I give it a go?
    >> 

    Ship> Nice.  Not home where I have that branch locally, so writing this
    Ship> manually...

    Ship> *snip*
    Ship> Fix ns_make_monitor_attribute_list (bug#76691)

    Ship> This is the NS implementation for 'display-monitor-attributes-list'.
    Ship> Change implementation from IORegistry to direct introspection
    Ship> of NSScreen.

    Ship> * src/nsfns.m (ns_make_monitor_attribute_list): Use localizedName
    Ship> selector on NSScreen.  For anonymous displays, synthesize names
    Ship> of the form ("%dx%d@%d,%d" width height x y).
    Ship> (ns_get_name_from_ioreg) (ns_screen_name): Removed.
    Ship> *snip*

The latest version of your patch that I can see still doesnʼt allocate
space for the '\0' at the end of the monitor name for the
localizedName case.

Robert
--