Subject: [bug#76690] [PATCH 4/4] Use #:lisp-directory instead of a custom phase

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2025 09:31:27 +0900

Hello,

Morgan Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> I've attached the relevant patches to this email.  Let me know if you'd
> rather I use 'git send-email' (and how I should do that without filling
> up everyone's inbox).

We accept both, but for various reasons (email notification to teams,
ease of applying, and extra commit metadata as enforced by our git
config template), using 'git send-email' is preferable.

See info '(guix) Sending a Patch Series' for more details; since here we
already have an issue created it's down to something like:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
git send-email --to=[email-masked] origin/master
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Assuming your feature branch is tracking the remote master branch.

Another option is to use mumi; you currently must manually format
patches first to send them though:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
git format-patch origin/master -o your-branch-patches
mumi current 76690
mumi send-email your-branch-patches/*.patch
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I hope that helps.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim