Subject: Re: [bug#76686] [PATCH emacs-team 00/45] Test emacs packages by default

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2025 22:09:39 +0100

Am Sonntag, dem 02.03.2025 um 19:29 -0500 schrieb Morgan Smith:
> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Hi folks,
> > 
> > this patch adds code – similar to what we have in other ecosystems
> > – to make an educated guess on what test framework is used and use
> > it. Newly packaged Emacs libraries should thus expect to be tested
> > with tests needing to be explicitly disabled otherwise; just like
> > in the rest of Guix.
> > 
> > Cheers
> 
> Looks good to me just reading through them.  Some of the test
> commands looks a little complicated though with a lot of boiler plate
> (like emacs-list-utils).  Any thoughts on perhaps using a helper
> function like the (untested) attached patch?
Most packages shouldn't have too complicated test commands and I think
it's beneficial to have them in code verbatim.  If a pattern gets
overused, we can still try to simplify it later.

Cheers