Subject: bug#76684: closed (Re: bug#76684: 31.0.50; c-ts-mode no longer provides fontification)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2025 23:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#76684: 31.0.50; c-ts-mode no longer provides fontification

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76684: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76684
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#76684: 31.0.50; c-ts-mode no longer provides fontification
From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2025 15:26:13 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> On Mar 2, 2025, at 5:51 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> From: [email-masked]
> --text follows this line--
> To reproduce:
> 
>  emacs -Q
>  C-x C-f src/dispnew.c RET
>  M-x c-ts-mode RET
> 
> and watch in disbelief how the fontifications are gone...
> 
> This is a (recent, I think) regression on master: it still works okay
> on the release branch.
> 
> Can this be fixed ASAP, please?

Oops, I think it’s due to my recent change to local parsers. I for some reason have c-ts-mode-emacs-sources-support turned off in my local config and missed the regression.

It should be fixed now.

Yuan

Subject: 31.0.50; c-ts-mode no longer provides fontification
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2025 15:51:40 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: [email-masked]
--text follows this line--
To reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  C-x C-f src/dispnew.c RET
  M-x c-ts-mode RET

and watch in disbelief how the fontifications are gone...

This is a (recent, I think) regression on master: it still works okay
on the release branch.

Can this be fixed ASAP, please?

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 684, i686-pc-mingw32) of 2025-03-02 built on
 ELIZ-PC
Repository revision: c73003ade161a50728aa15cc10967ad04fe90b05
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.26100
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.2009.26100.3194)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --prefix=/d/usr --with-wide-int
 --without-native-compilation --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0
 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY W32NOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: C/*

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug lisp-mnt message mailcap yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils cl-seq c++-ts-mode c-ts-mode c-ts-common treesit vc-git
diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode files-x vc vc-dispatcher
bug-reference byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile thingatpt cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
touch-screen dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
tty-child-frames emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 87910 17850) (symbols 48 10402 0) (strings 16 29222 2845)
 (string-bytes 1 835511) (vectors 16 16397)
 (vector-slots 8 171715 8837) (floats 8 28 3) (intervals 40 1002 102)
 (buffers 896 11))