Subject: Re: bug#76660: current guix pull doesn't authenticate

From: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2025 00:44:19 +0100

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 02, 2025 at 08:08:50PM +0100, Tomas Volf wrote:
>> Possible explanation would be that there is a bug in the descendancy
>> detection when your current Guix is on specific commits (my guesstimate
>> would be the trigger is having large commit message, I have reported
>> this issue before).
>
> Can you share these prior reports here?

I expect the root cause to be the same as in 66268.  (Man, is it over an
year already?  The time sure does fly.)

I assume this[0] commit from my fork should fix the issue, does not
apply cleanly (should be trivial to adjust).  The current way to compare
commits from guile-git (eq?) is simply wrong.

Tomas

0: https://git.wolfsden.cz/guix/commit/?id=2e52fbc6fed667f938db1d743e279e3f4a1a1658

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.