Subject: bug#76643: closed (Re: bug#76643: 29.3; (setf (process-get PROCESS KEY) VAL))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2025 01:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#76643: 29.3; (setf (process-get PROCESS KEY) VAL)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76643: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76643
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#76643: 29.3; (setf (process-get PROCESS KEY) VAL)
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Devon Sean McCullough <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2025 17:11:35 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 31.1

Devon Sean McCullough <[email-masked]> writes:

> (setf (process-get PROCESS KEY) VAL) fails to return VAL

I tried

    (setf (process-get foo 'test) "qux")

and it seems to return

    (test "qux")

but it should have returned just

    "qux"

In the future, please try to provide such details when reporting bugs in
Emacs.  It would have saved me time to know that this was the issue from
the start.

This bug should now be fixed on master.  Please test.

Subject: 29.3; (setf (process-get PROCESS KEY) VAL)
From: Devon Sean McCullough <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2025 08:13:34 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

(setf (process-get PROCESS KEY) VAL) fails to return VAL

In GNU Emacs 29.3 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60
  Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G9323)) of 2024-03-24 built on
  builder10-14.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.14.6

Configured using:
  'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
  Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
  Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-DFD_SETSIZE=10000
  -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT' --with-x-toolkit=no'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   text-scale-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils format-spec face-remap rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 38925 6101)
  (symbols 48 5086 0)
  (strings 32 13447 1898)
  (string-bytes 1 387899)
  (vectors 16 9551)
  (vector-slots 8 159008 20572)
  (floats 8 24 19)
  (intervals 56 227 9)
  (buffers 984 11))