Subject: Missing README files for Windows releases of Emacs

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2025 23:48:01 +1300

https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/README says:

> Each major version of Emacs is kept in its own subdirectory. Please
> see the README files there for details of how to install and run
> Emacs.

Emacs 27, 28, 29, and 30 are all missing that file.  Given the parent
directory's claim, I'd think the sub-directories should all include
this file, which I understand should be a renamed copy of the file
nt/README.W32 in the Emacs repository.

I also note that the Emacs 27 directory has a different readme file,
README-windows-binaries, which is neither in any of the other release
directories nor (that I can see) in the repository.  That one is quite
different to the README.W32 file, but maybe it was also intended to be
included alongside the newer releases.

I guess this needs to be fixed manually for the last four releases,
and that the release scripts or processes need to be fixed so that
this is taken care of in future.

-Phil