Subject: patch for bug 7553: duplicate entries in vc-dir-mode (Windows) due to backslash from svn output

From: Vagn Johansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 23:07:03 +0100

I reported bug 7663 some time ago:

  #7663 23.2; duplicate entries in vc-dir-mode (Windows) due to
  backslash from svn output

Here is a patch with a one line fix.

The subversion command svn.exe I use on windows output backslashes. In
all other places in vc-svn.el a call to expand-file-name causes these
to replaced with forward slashes.

The problem was that same file ends up appearing twice in the vc-dir
buffer.

2011-02-24  Vagn Johansen  <[email-masked]>

	* vc/vc-svn.el (vc-svn-after-dir-status): Replace backslash
	with forward slash in output from svn commmand.

diff --git a/lisp/vc/vc-svn.el b/lisp/vc/vc-svn.el
index 20c7689..2aa613d 100644
--- a/lisp/vc/vc-svn.el
+++ b/lisp/vc/vc-svn.el
@@ -174,7 +174,7 @@ If you want to force an empty list of arguments, use t."
     (while (re-search-forward re nil t)
       (let ((state (cdr (assq (aref (match-string 1) 0) state-map)))
             (propstat (cdr (assq (aref (match-string 2) 0) state-map)))
-	    (filename (match-string 4)))
+	    (filename (replace-regexp-in-string "\\\\" "/" (match-string 4))))
         (and (memq propstat '(conflict edited))
              (not (eq state 'conflict)) ; conflict always wins
              (setq state propstat))

-- 
Vagn Johansen