Subject: bug#7663: 23.2; duplicate entries in vc-dir-mode (Windows) due to backslash from svn output

From: Vagn Johansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:06:50 +0100

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

Inv vc-dir i commit changes a file i subdirectory. After the commit I
have a duplicate entry:

VC backend : SVN
Working dir: c:/dev/proj/sandbox/
Repository : http://albatross.rd.evalesco.com:81/svn/sandbox

                         ./
                         dummy/
    up-to-date           dummy/ddd
    edited               dummy\ddd

I use SlikSvn on windows which outputs backslashes in svn commands.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
c:/tools/emacs-23.2/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/xpm/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: DAN
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: VC dir

Minor modes in effect:
  vc-parent-buffer: *vc-dir*|sandbox
  recentf-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> C-a v t e s t C-c 
C-c <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> v C-c C-c <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> v 8 1 3 9 : SPC s a n d b 
o x SPC C-c C-c C-x k <return> C-x k <return> C-x k 
<return> e c h o SPC > > SPC <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> SPC t e s t SPC > > C-c C-c 
c d SPC . . <return> e c h o SPC t e s t SPC > > SPC 
d u m <tab> d <tab> <return> s v n SPC d i f f <return> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <return> 
C-x v d <return> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> m v <up> M-p <up> <end> SPC 2 C-c C-c <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-x 4 b v c C-s <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x 
k <return> <up> <return> <up> <up> <up> <up> <return> 
C-x o g g <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> s v n SPC s t <return> 
<up> SPC | SPC t r SPC ' \ ' SPC ' / ' <return> <return> 
<up> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> \ <return> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x e m a c s 
- s u b <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <tab> <M-backspace> 
<M-backspace> <M-backspace> s u b m <tab> <tab> <backspace> 
<tab> C-g M-x p a r <tab> <M-backspace> a p r <tab> 
<return> b u t <backspace> g - r e <return> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x s u b <tab> 
C-g <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> 
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Checking in c:/dev/proj/sandbox/dummy/ddd...done
History item: 128 [2 times]
History item: 127
History item: 126
History item: 125
Saving file c:/dev/proj/sandbox/dummy/ddd...
Wrote c:/dev/proj/sandbox/dummy/ddd
History item: 128 [2 times]
Quit [2 times]
Making completion list...
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util
hashcash mail-utils emacsbug apropos vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc
vc-annotate vc debug image-file image-dired format-spec image-mode
vc-dispatcher vc-svn cus-edit multi-isearch find-func help-mode view
dabbrev pcmpl-unix ansi-color em-unix pcomplete em-term term ehelp
electric em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs
em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-util uniquify recentf tree-widget iswitchb cus-start cus-load
generic vj-complete-elisp thingatpt vj-complete-csharp vj-complete-util
vj-complete anything woman man assoc color-theme csharp-mode cc-langs
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs vps vj-util dired-x dired-aux etags compile comint psvn byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile advice help-fns advice-preload derived wid-edit cl
cl-19 log-edit ring pcvs-util add-log diff-mode easy-mmode pp elp
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util dired regexp-opt easymenu edmacro kmacro paren server tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp
w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)