Subject: bug#76629: NS click events don't select right window

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2025 11:33:00 -0800

Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]> writes:

> The situation seems a bit more nuanced than a choice of "on" or "off".
> I think the concept is that you're supposed to enable click-through for
> "utility" items (like toolbar buttons) and for document *selection*, but
> require a second click for interaction with documents.

[...]

> That's a lot of work, so I'd rather just have an on/off toggle right now
> with a todo.  I'd prefer to default the setting to on, since Emacs is
> more convenient to use this way.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this properly.

If no one will volunteer to implement the more involved version, I agree
that a defcustom is the best we can do for now.

>> Please let your voices be heard, if you have a reasoned opinion here.
>>
>> Daniel, could you perhaps look into adding a defcustom for this?
>
> Sure.

Thanks!