Subject: bug#76629: NS click events don't select right window

From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2025 07:37:17 -0500

You and I are clearly using Emacs differently.  I'd like to observe this
behavior myself.  Can you describe what you're doing?  When you say
partially obscured Emacs, what do you mean?  Example, I almost always run
Emacs with maximized frames (not full screen).  I split a frame left and
right into two windows L and R as Daniel had.  I'll switch to Messages
which partially obscures Emacs with.  Then back.  I almost always do this
with the keyboard at least a hundred times per day.  I've tried the pointer
recently due to Daniel's prompting, but didn't see the issue.

-Stephane

On Mon, Mar 3, 2025 at 5:05 AM Mattias Engdegård <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> This change appeared on master in 3545988740.
>
> Is there really a consensus for this? Click-through does not appear how
> (MacOS) applications work in general. While it seems useful for switching
> between unobscured Emacs windows, it's a bit surprising when clicking on a
> partially obscured Emacs in order to raise and activate it.
>
> Is there a way to make the behaviour more conditional in this respect? Or,
> at least, configurable.
>
>
>
>
>