Subject: Re: bug#76629: NS click events don't select right window

From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2025 17:22:34 -0500

I'm on 12.7.6, perhaps this is associated with behavioral changes in later
macOS releases.  Do you have an example of another application you switch
to when you see this behavior?  I switch to Chrome or another Emacs session
or Terminal.app and back and I don't see the issue.  The window I last
selected remains selected and if I click in any other window, that one is
correctly selected.  I tried again both with my configuration and on master
with -Q and it seems fine.

On Sun, Mar 2, 2025 at 5:06 PM Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
> On March 2, 2025 4:41:59 PM EST, Ship Mints <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >I use the NS builds, both as my production (now 30.1) and from master, and
> >I do not see this behavior.  Do you have implied window selection features
> >enabled like focus-follows-mouse or mouse-autoselect-window?  Do you use
> >any mac applications or helpers that might be interfering?
> >
>
> Don't know why you're not seeing it. Apparently macOS is supposed to
> behave this way unless you override <
> https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nsview/acceptsfirstmouse(for:)>,
> which I have made Emacs do
>