Subject: [bug#76616] [PATCH 0/2] gnu: librewolf: Allow installation of unsigned extensions.

From: "Mike Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2025 11:42:45 +0000

On Fri, 28 Feb 2025, at 11:49 AM, Clément Lassieur wrote:
> You can definitely do
> ‘mkdir -p ~/test/extensions/{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}’,
> copy your .xpi (or extension directory) in there, and run librewolf like
> this:
>
> ‘ICECAT_SYSTEM_DIR=/home/clement/test librewolf’

Thank you, I got that to work!

I'm about to send a v3 patch series, in which we append our config to
the upstream mozconfig, so that we inherit their options. I added
--disable-jxl and --disable-bootstrap because upstream enables those
and we didn't, so this preserves that.

The third patch also removes the duplicated options that are already
set upstream, but I am not sure about it, as it feels wrong to rely on
implicit options, especially for important things like disabling
telemetry. I kept "unset MOZ_TELEMETRY_REPORTING" and the preceding
comment, because that exact line is not present in the upstream
config, but I don't know how it relates to "mk_add_options
MOZ_TELEMETRY_REPORTING=0". Presumably they achieve the same thing,
but I don't know for sure.

So I am not sure if patches 2 and 3 make sense, but feel free to use
any or none of them :)