Subject: Re: bug#76615: 14.0.9; error with amsmath style hooks

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2025 20:27:42 +0200

"Paul D. Nelson" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm curious what Arash/Ikumi think -- 

Usually, I don't think when Stefan talks, I just listen and obey ;-)

> if they don't like the idea, then I'm happy to put this in the
> wastebin and regard it as an exercise.

I like the idea, I just wonder if this is by design, so maybe we can ask
Carsten (in Cc).

@Carsten: Can you remember why RefTeX doesn't work in non-file buffers?
Is this by design?

> Also, if we're going to proceed with this, then I'd like to take the
> opportunity to add support for indirect buffers to RefTeX, which
> requires modifications to the same parts of the code as this patch.

SGTM.  If we're changing this, so let's go for indirect buffers as well.
I think AUCTeX supports indirect buffers now[1], so it makes sense to
teach RefTeX this as well.  And since Emacs31 is early dev cycle, there
will be enough time to fix things if we break some.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/commit/?id=0e315c7fbeed081addf369fd42e7206d83580bc5