Subject: Re: bug#76608: guix git: error: unknown introductory commit and signer

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2025 08:52:59 +0900

Hi,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2025 at 02:52:18PM +0100, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:
>> The command was `git pull --rebase savannah master`. (See my first
>> email in the thread)
>
> Right.
>
> You might need to check out the 'keyring' branch and pull it in order to
> get the updates to the keyring, since Steve (futurile) is a new
> committer.

Actually with a recent change (a few months?) to Guix, I believe it's
now necessary to run 'guix pull' to get newly authorized keys; I'm not
sure in what commit though.

Could someone confirm or infirm that?  With the link to the actual
change as a bonus, if you have that!  If confirmed, we should probably
extend our contributing doc to document this new gotcha.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim