Subject: bug#76603: 30.1; multi-file-replace-regexp-as-diff won't end prompting with icomplete-show-matches-on-no-input

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2025 20:23:17 +0200

> If I may add another inquire.

Sorry, I missed this inquiry.

> The command dired-do-find-regexp-and-replace, accepts marking files and
> directories before executing it. I initially thought I could  do the
> same with dired-do-replace-regexp-as-diff but it only works marking
> files not directories.

dired-do-find-regexp-and-replace uses dired-do-find-regexp
to get marked files.  So I guess dired-do-replace-regexp-as-diff
could use dired-do-find-regexp as well?

> So my first question is: are there any plans (or there is already some way)
> to make dired-do-replace-regexp-as-diff also find all files in a marked
> directory?

There are no plans.  If you could try to use dired-do-find-regexp
in dired-do-replace-regexp-as-diff this would be nice.

> Secondly: Are there any plans to make multi-file-replace-regexp-as-diff
> to work with glob patterns?

Currently multi-file-replace-regexp-as-diff uses multi-isearch-read-files.

I vaguely remember there exists such a function that reads a glob pattern,
but can't find it right away.