Subject: Re: bug#76603: 30.1; multi-file-replace-regexp-as-diff won't end prompting with icomplete-show-matches-on-no-input

From: Rahul Martim Juliato <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2025 22:39:11 -0300

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Initially "RET" was bound to 'exit-minibuffer', but you override it,
> so there is no more keys to exit the minibuffer.
>
> What do you think about rebinding 'exit-minibuffer' to 'M-j'?
> For such cases 'M-j' is bound to 'icomplete-fido-exit'
> in 'icomplete-fido-mode-map'.

Hello there Juri!

Neat! I was failing to get C-h k, RET on my previous attempt (idn why),
but now it gives me (exit-minibuffer). So as you said:

(use-package icomplete
  :bind (:map icomplete-minibuffer-map
              ("C-n" . icomplete-forward-completions)
              ("C-p" . icomplete-backward-completions)
              ("C-v" . icomplete-vertical-toggle)
              ("RET" . icomplete-force-complete-and-exit)
	          ("C-j" . exit-minibuffer))       ;; <<<< THIS
  :config
  (setq icomplete-show-matches-on-no-input t))

(icomplete-vertical-mode 1)

Adding this here solves the question and all work as expected :),
thanks!

If I may add another inquire.

The command dired-do-find-regexp-and-replace, accepts marking files and
directories before executing it. I initially thought I could  do the
same with dired-do-replace-regexp-as-diff but it only works marking
files not directories.

So my first question is: are there any plans (or there is already some way)
to make dired-do-replace-regexp-as-diff also find all files in a marked
directory?

Secondly: Are there any plans to make multi-file-replace-regexp-as-diff
to work with glob patterns?

Thanks!

-- 

Rahul Martim Juliato