Subject: Re: [bug#76601] [PATCH v2] dir-locals: Add copyrights.

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2025 00:44:16 +0100

On Sun, 16 Mar 2025 16:26:15 +0100
Tomas Volf <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I think you are missing David Elsing
I probably had an older revision when I worked on it (I did the work
offline, in public transports) and rebased the commit at the end before
sending the patch, without re-checking everything.

Also note that I'm not good at manual repetitive processes so your help
with the review is greatly appreciated (and I'm also not good at
reviewing my own work).

> I have used the following command to verify the content of the patch:
> 
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> git log --pretty='format:%as %an %ae' orig-master -- .dir-locals.el \
>     | sed -E 's/-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}//'                               \
>     | sed -E 's/(....) (.*)/\2 \1/'                                 \
>     | sort -u
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I've updated the commit message with the new method I used to re-verify
things.

We also have merge commits:
> $ git log --pretty='format:%h %ad %an <%ae>' origin/master \
> --date="format:%Y" --merges -- .dir-locals.el 
> c4133c43c7 2021 Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> 
> 0e47fcced4 2021 Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
> 129b9b16d9 2020 Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>

But didn't see anything touching .dir-locals.el with 'git show
c4133c43c7', so I didn't include Marius Bakke, so it would be good if
you can verify if my theory is right. 

This is also because I don't like and/or understand all the potential
side effects of git merges, so I try to avoid them as much as possible
unless the merge commit have no diff within them (so part of the
history is linear and bisects work as usual for instance).

As for Ludovic and Maxim, they both modified .dir-locals.el in
respectively 2021 and 2020 in other commits.

I'll send a v3. Feel free to modify the commit message and/or add
Marius Bakke if needed.

Denis.