Subject: bug#766: 23.0.60; interesting warning during compilation

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 00:23:29 +0200

Am 23.08.2008 um 19:34 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

>> Could it work to type-cast the variable first into a type wider than
>> 32 bits?
>
> It could, if we could be sure that 64-bit wide integer types are
> supported on all platforms.  I don't know if they are; does anyone
> know?

There aren't so many (elderly) systems left ... Besides, isn't the  
long long, a data type of at least 64 bits, defined in C, ANSI C99 to  
be exact? Actually, I think, it's sad that no compiler needs to  
follow this option!

Another option is to check whether the size of the variable is bigger  
than four bytes.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Rain is saved up in cloud banks.