Subject: Re: bug#7659: emacs - c mode tab space different between windows and linux

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:15:20 +0200

> From: Anoj Perera <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:50:51 +0000
> Cc: 
> 
> Hi wonder if some one can shed some light on my issue below, don't
> know if this is a bug or a config problem. I use emacs 23.1 for pretty
> much every thing from coding to organising the day. Unfortunately I
> have to use windows at work and linux (Ubuntu 10.04) at home. The
> source files I create at home in my linux box are formatted quite
> horribly when viewed in emacs on my Windows machine. The tab spacing
> seems to have a mind of its own. I made sure tab spacing is the same
> on both machines from my .emacs file.

Two questions:

  . does this happen in "emacs -Q" on both platforms (i.e., do the
    source files look the same then)?

  . how exactly did you set tab spacing in your .emacs, on each
    platform?