Subject: bug#7659: closed (Re: bug#7659: emacs - c mode tab space different between windows and linux)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 22:47:02 +0000

Your bug report

#7659: emacs - c mode tab space different between windows and linux

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
7659: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7659
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#7659: emacs - c mode tab space different between windows and linux
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Anoj Perera <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 00:53:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Anoj Perera <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 21:51:49 +0000
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Thanks it's solved now. It was the config file.

Great, closing the bug.

Subject: emacs - c mode tab space different between windows and linux
From: Anoj Perera <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:50:51 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi wonder if some one can shed some light on my issue below, don't
know if this is a bug or a config problem. I use emacs 23.1 for pretty
much every thing from coding to organising the day. Unfortunately I
have to use windows at work and linux (Ubuntu 10.04) at home. The
source files I create at home in my linux box are formatted quite
horribly when viewed in emacs on my Windows machine. The tab spacing
seems to have a mind of its own. I made sure tab spacing is the same
on both machines from my .emacs file. Many thanks if some could point
me in the right direction.

Thanks,
pyrus