Subject: bug#76587: 31.0.50; [FR] project.el should have a way to exclude certain projects from being saved

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2025 08:41:04 +0200

> Cc: [email-masked], Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2025 10:01:58 +0530
> 
> +(defcustom project-list-exclude nil
> +  "List of regexps and predicates for project root and objects to ignore.
> +The predicate should take one argument, the projet object, and should
> +return non-nil if the project should not be saved."

The first line of the doc string says "to ignore", and the name of the
variable (*-exclude) also hints to that effect, but the rest of the
doc strings seems to tell that the matching projects are only
"ignored" in the sense that they "should not be saved"?  Moreover, the
code seems to imply that those projects are being ignored by
project-remember-project, which the doc string doesn't mention at all?
Can we make the variable name and the first line of the doc string
more consistent with the actual meaning of this variable, and mention
the functions that use it in the doc string?

Thanks.