Subject: 30.1; kill-this-buffer is broken in 30.1

From: "Trent W. Buck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2025 13:17:57 +1100

After upgrading from 29.4 to 30.1, kill-this-buffer fails.
This is in the main menu, accessible in emacs -Q -nw via:

C-[ ` f c

This works in the GUI if you click on it with a mouse.
This does not work if you "click" on it via the key binding above.
This does not work if you bind your own custom binding.
This does not work if you do M-x kill-this-buffer.
This is annoying.

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.38,
cairo version 1.16.0) of 2025-02-25, modified by Debian built on hera
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
--sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
--localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
--mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/30.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/30.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp 

--with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --build
x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
--libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var/lib
--infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd
--with-pop=yes
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/30.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/30.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp 

--with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --with-pgtk
'CFLAGS=-g -O2
-ffile-prefix-map=/emacs-30.1+1=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
-Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_COLLATE: C
value of $LANG: en_AU.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring comp-run
comp-common rx emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils tmm text-property-search dired-aux
cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs term/screen term/xterm xterm
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 113334 8835) (symbols 48 7139 0) (strings 32 20677 2511)
(string-bytes 1 607639) (vectors 16 9605)
(vector-slots 8 105268 5935) (floats 8 29 12285)
(intervals 56 8566 0) (buffers 992 13))