Subject: [bug#76572] [PATCH v2 0/4] Fixes for gnome-shell-extension-gsconnect

From: aurtzy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2025 03:44:49 -0500

Hey Maxim,

> > The 'patch-shebangs phase does not handle shebangs of the form
> > "/usr/bin/env -S", so we manually patch them to fix a not-found error.
>
> Oh!  Could you please open an issue about this open so we remember to
> fix the problem at its root?

[...]

> I'd also mention and cross-reference the newly opened issue about
> /usr/bin/env -S not being patched here, with e.g.
> 
> TODO: Remove after patch-shebangs is fixed to handle '/usr/bin/env -S'
> shebangs (see bug#NNNNN).

Looks like someone already beat me to it [1]!  Adjusted to reference
that report.

> That pattern seems a bit too wide?  Can'twe match at least gjs in it, to
> avoid breaking non-gjs shebangs which may be introduced in the future
> and forgotten?

Adjusted.

> Nitpick: it's a bit more conventional to indent map/filter/for-each,
> etc. like:
> 
> (for-each procedure
>  things)
> 
> instead of
> 
> (for-each
>  procedure
>  things)
> 
> Unless perhaps when the hanging indent is already deep and there's not
> enough columns to accomodate the former.

Thanks for the tip; noted!  I've adjusted the forms where they don't
cross column 85 (following editorconfig).

[1] <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/74450>

Cheers,

aurtzy

aurtzy (4):
  gnu: gnome-shell-extension-gsconnect: Fix search path patching.
  gnu: gnome-shell-extension-gsconnect: Wrap gsconnect-preferences.
  gnu: gnome-shell-extension-gsconnect: Patch shebangs with gjs.
  gnu: gnome-shell-extension-gsconnect: Fix paths in additional desktop
    file.

 gnu/packages/gnome-xyz.scm | 47 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 1 file changed, 35 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: 310adf4ce70cbb864859274fcc7842bd519bbddc
-- 
2.48.1