Subject: bug#76557: Syncthing Service is Broken

From: David Lecompte <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2025 15:56:13 +0100

Hello,

>> As of 651f8765b657e35baf85ac74a1f6b09ff71691cb, Syncthing's system >>
service
>> fails to sync for at least some users, including me.  Others have >>
mentioned
>> needing to roll back to before Syncthing 1.29.2.

> There was indeed a bug in our package of Syncthing 1.29.2, that has been
> fixed:

I have installed guix on February 24, and from icecat, I could access the
syncthing page, see and accept an invitation from another device to connect
and share an existing folder, then the interface was saying that the shared
folder is synchronized but empty, although on the other device the shared
folder is not empty.

I just ran "guix pull", "guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm" and
rebooted and now the folder is synchronized as expected. So it may be so
that the problem was fixed thanks to the recent bug fix that you mentioned,
thanks.

-- 
David Lecompte <[email-masked]>