Subject: Re: bug#76554: Laptop screen blank after kexec reboot

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2025 17:30:51 +0100

Hello,

Simon Streit <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> After rebooting with ‘reboot -k’, my laptop’s screen remains blank.  I
>> have to type my LUKS passphrase blindly and then it boots fine, even
>> displays stuff normally on its external monitor, but its own monitor
>> remains desperately blank.
>
> Interesting.  I just tested it and both internal and external monitor
> will remain blank until the passphrase is entered.
>
> Reconnecting the external monitor will not help either.  They appear to
> be switched off.

Oh, worse that what I experienced.

Do you happen to know if it works on other distros with the same
hardware?

It seems to me that it’s a Linux issue because there’s very little we
can do as kexec users, but who knows.

Ludo’.