Subject: bug#76550: 30.1; Test failure for fns-tests-collate-strings with musl libc

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2025 12:38:20 -0800

On 2/26/25 05:21, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Maybe Paul has some comments or suggestions.

I suggest the following patch.

I see no portable way to specify an invalid locale (which is what the 
test wants), and little point to going to the trouble of trying to 
figure out exactly which platforms allow this particular string and 
which don't.

diff --git a/test/src/fns-tests.el b/test/src/fns-tests.el
index 3d6cd5de8fe..e97ae275da6 100644
--- a/test/src/fns-tests.el
+++ b/test/src/fns-tests.el
@@ -277,7 +277,7 @@ fns-tests-collate-strings
    (should (string-collate-equalp "xyzzy" "XYZZY" nil t))

    ;; Locale must be valid.
-  (should-error (string-collate-equalp "xyzzy" "xyzzy" "en_XY.UTF-8")))
+  (should-error (string-collate-equalp "xyzzy" "xyzzy" 'not-a-locale)))

  ;; There must be a check for valid codepoints.  (Check not implemented 
yet)
  ;  (should-error