Subject: Re: bug#7655: conditional _TEXINFOS should be supported

From: Jack Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 06:41:44 +1100

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Ralf Wildenhues <[email-masked]> wrote:
> if COND
> info_TEXINFOS = foo.texi
> foo_TEXINFOS = bar.texi
> nodist_info_TEXINFOS = generated.texi
> endif
>
> should work to generate and install foo.{info,pdf,...} only if COND,
> but distribute foo.texi and bar.texi always.  Similar with
> generated.texi (except for distribution, of course).

Disagree. foo.info should always be built, because it goes into `make
dist'. If you want to limit building for non-specific `make', then
make sure that the .info files and such all depend on `make dist', so
the tarball is correctly generated.

Agree with the remarks about not making pdfs, dvis and inhibiting
their installation.

-- Jack