Subject: [bug#76545] [PATCH v3] gnu: mame: Update to 0.276.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2025 23:40:52 +0200

Hello,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Dienstag, dem 01.04.2025 um 09:04 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
>> * gnu/packages/emulators.scm (mame): Update to 0.276.
>> [source]: Add modules for cut and scandir.  Preserve the minimum set
>> of third-party libraries.
>> [arguments]<#:make-flags>: Remove unnecessary flags.
>> <#:phases>: Add a phase to use all possible system libraries instead
>> of listing them piece wise.
>> [native-inputs]: Add nasm.
>> [inputs]: Replace lua with lua-5.4. Add zstd:lib.
>> 
>> Change-Id: I650a008461d69e5a39ba6a12e7140aa785dc0298
>> ---
>> 
>> v3: Update to 0.276.  Remove old comment.  Do not try to use C++ Lua
>> as it is not packaged in Guix yet.

> I keep wanting to try this patch, but haven't yet succeeded in building
> the package.  (This may very well be a "my machine" problem, as the
> build seems to require quite a lot of resources.)  In any case, it
> lexically LGTM.

Alas, this package doesn’t build yet. At this point, I’m not even sure
about the error, only that it is related to Lua. For the record, the
failure log can be found there:
<https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/build/9b1cb885-0466-4ae1-829b-9edbe91064d7/log>.

I certainly would appreciate some help if anyone wants to have a look
into it.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou