Subject: Re: [bug#76529] [PATCH 1/4] gnu: emacs: Update to 30.1.

From: Morgan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2025 12:36:10 -0500

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Montag, dem 24.02.2025 um 17:56 -0500 schrieb Morgan Smith:
>> * gnu/packages/emacs.scm (emacs-minimal): Update to 30.1.
>> (guile-emacs): Remove now unneeded phase.
>> * gnu/packages/aux-files/emacs/comp-integrity.el: Update with new
>> type names.
> There should be a comp-integrity-next.el that you should use to replace
> this file with.

Good catch! Done!

>> * gnu/packages/patches/emacs-exec-path.patch: Replace with 'emacs-
>> next-...'
>> patch.
> Write these out.

Done!

>> * gnu/packages/patches/emacs-native-comp-driver-options.patch:
>> Likewise
>> * gnu/packages/patches/emacs-native-comp-fix-filenames.patch:
>> Likewise
> It is a good idea to update emacs-next accordingly, unless said changes
> would be reverted in the next commit.

The commits are somewhat large so I separated them logically into
"everything to get emacs working" and then a second of "everything to
get emacs-next working".  This has been helpful for me while working on
this.  If you'd like I can squash both commits into 1.

>
> Please use --reroll-count for submitting v2.
> I will take some time to prepare emacs-team for the patches.

Sounds good!  Will do right now!

> Cheers