Subject: Re: [bug#76529] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-next-minimal: Update to 30.1-rc1.

From: Morgan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2025 18:04:01 -0500

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Montag, dem 24.02.2025 um 14:53 -0500 schrieb Morgan Smith:
>> * gnu/packages/emacs.scm (emacs-next-minimal): Update to 30.1-rc1.
>> [phases]: Work around the phase 'patch-program-file-names' expecting
>> the file "lisp/obsolete/terminal.el" in the same way that guile-emacs
>> does.
> Since emacs-next-minimal is soon-to-become emacs proper, perhaps we
> should instead replace ‘patch-program-file-names’.  WDYT?

I did not realize Emacs had a new release as of yesterday.  I suppose
that was something I was supposed to check before sending in this patch
:P.

Anyways enjoy the new patch series I sent to update emacs.

Do we have some patch QA thing running at the moment?  I'm curious how
much my patch series ruins everything.

>> (emacs->emacs-next)[phases]: Add the same workaround as above.
>> 
>> Change-Id: Ia83ee362fb70ec437b6930ae661b76cb14589b0b
>> ---
>> 
>> Installed this locally on my system.  Everything works as expected. 
>> It can find the eln files just fine.  Used it to native compile my
>> local manifest of Emacs packages and loaded those.  Everything worked
>> great.  It found those eln files.  None of the eln files have a hash
>> in their filename (as expected).
>> 
>> Honestly I was expecting to have to adjust the patches so I am
>> pleasantly surprised.
> SGTM :)
>
> Cheers