Subject: Re: bug#76516: [shepherd] Timer not executed

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2025 17:22:19 +0100

Hi Tomas,

Tomas Volf <[email-masked]> skribis:

> However that did not happen.  Here are the logs:
>
> 2025-02-22 19:17:00 Service kerberos-log-in running with value #<<process> id: 730 command: ("/gnu/store/8m21cnqnllk6g1kcgyj91i5h05s7c0c4-krb-log-in")>.
> 2025-02-22 19:17:00 [8m21cnqnllk6g1kcgyj91i5h05s7c0c4-krb-log-in] <redacted>
> 2025-02-22 19:17:00 [8m21cnqnllk6g1kcgyj91i5h05s7c0c4-krb-log-in] <redacted>
> 2025-02-22 19:17:00 [8m21cnqnllk6g1kcgyj91i5h05s7c0c4-krb-log-in] <redacted>
> 2025-02-22 19:17:00 [8m21cnqnllk6g1kcgyj91i5h05s7c0c4-krb-log-in] <redacted>
> 2025-02-23 12:00:02 Waiting anew for timer 'kerberos-log-in-refresh' (resuming from sleep state?).
> 2025-02-23 22:00:01 Not rotating '/home/<redacted>/.local/state/shepherd/dbus.log', which is below the 8192 B threshold.
>
>
> The ones from 19:17:00 are from 'kerberos-log-in service, which is
> one-shot executed upon login.  That went fine.
>
> However the 'kerberos-log-in-refresh is only at 12:00:02, and only as
> "Waiting anew ...".  The message indicates that the computer might be
> resuming from sleep, however that was not the case here.  It is a
> desktop machine, and it was left running over night.

What architecture is this on?

>From the excerpt above, the ‘log-rotation’ timer did fire as expected.
Did it also have “Waiting anew” messages?

Ludo’.