Subject: Re: [bug#76514] [PATCH] gitignore: Ignore generated info files.

From: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2025 20:28:11 +0100

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, Feb 23, 2025 at 09:53:31PM +0100, Tomas Volf wrote:
>> We now have doc/guix.de.info-10, so additional ignore pattern is required.
>
> I don't see this file in my source tree. How do I generate it?

I have built Guix from 23b068c036223e70bdea9d7d579850a1cffc02a7 and see
the following:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ g s
On branch patch-1
Your branch is up to date with 'orig-master'.

Untracked files:
  (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
	doc/guix.de.info-10

nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It is well possible I did something wrong, which commit did you use for
checking if the file exists?

Tomas

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.