Subject: Re: [bug#76513] [PATCH rust-team v2 00/77] Add module (gnu packages typst) and packages

From: Hilton Chain <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2025 12:50:37 +0800

On Thu, 27 Feb 2025 08:49:14 +0800,
Andrew Wong via Guix-patches via wrote:
>
> This version adds the completion and man-page installation initially developed by Alexis Simon for guix-science.

The final package looks good to me!

I haven't checked the dependencies, but scanning of binary files already
indicates many cases of bundling.

Can you evaluate (at least) these dependencies?
1. Whether they can be unbundled or generated from source
2. Whether there's license issue

Thanks

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
starting phase `check-for-pregenerated-files'
Searching for binary files...
./guix-vendor/rust-fontdb-0.21.0.tar.gz/tests/fonts/Tuffy.ttf
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/american-anthropological-association.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/american-institute-of-physics.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/american-chemical-society.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/american-institute-of-aeronautics-and-astronautics.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/american-geophysical-union.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/american-physics-society.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/american-society-of-mechanical-engineers.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/american-society-of-civil-engineers.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/annual-reviews-author-date.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/angewandte-chemie.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/association-for-computing-machinery.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/annual-reviews.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/apa.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/chicago-author-date.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/chicago-fullnote-bibliography.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/chicago-note-bibliography.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/chinese-gb7714-2005-numeric.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/china-national-standard-gb-t-7714-2015-note.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/china-national-standard-gb-t-7714-2015-numeric.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/china-national-standard-gb-t-7714-2015-author-date.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/elsevier-harvard.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/elsevier-vancouver.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/future-medicine.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/deutsche-gesellschaft-fur-psychologie.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/gost-r-7-0-5-2008-numeric.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/elsevier-with-titles.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/ieee.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/multidisciplinary-digital-publishing-institute.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/modern-language-association.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/modern-language-association-8th-edition.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/nature.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/royal-society-of-chemistry.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/sist02.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/spie-journals.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/springer-humanities-author-date.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/springer-mathphys-brackets.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/springer-socpsych-author-date.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/taylor-and-francis-chicago-author-date.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/springer-lecture-notes-in-computer-science.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/trends-journals.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hayagriva-0.8.1.tar.gz/archive/styles/turabian-author-date.cbor
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/af.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/en.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/ca.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/bg.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/be.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/da.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/es.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/el.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/de.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/cs.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/et.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/fr.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/it.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/hu.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/is.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/fi.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/hr.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/ku.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/la.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/pl.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/lt.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/ru.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/nl.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/no.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/ka.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/sk.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/pt.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/mn.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/sl.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/sq.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/sr.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/sv.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/tk.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/tr.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-hypher-0.1.5.tar.gz/tries/uk.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-icu-provider-blob-1.5.0.tar.gz/tests/data/v2.postcard
./guix-vendor/rust-icu-provider-adapters-1.5.0.tar.gz/tests/data/blob.postcard
./guix-vendor/rust-icu-provider-blob-1.5.0.tar.gz/tests/data/v1.postcard
./guix-vendor/rust-kamadak-exif-0.6.1.tar.gz/tests/exif.heic
./guix-vendor/rust-kamadak-exif-0.6.1.tar.gz/tests/exif.tif
./guix-vendor/rust-kamadak-exif-0.6.1.tar.gz/tests/yaminabe.tif
./guix-vendor/rust-kamadak-exif-0.6.1.tar.gz/tests/exif.webp
./guix-vendor/rust-kamadak-exif-0.6.1.tar.gz/tests/exif.png
./guix-vendor/rust-kamadak-exif-0.6.1.tar.gz/tests/yaminale.tif
./guix-vendor/rust-kamadak-exif-0.6.1.tar.gz/tests/exif.jpg
./guix-vendor/rust-pdf-writer-0.12.1.tar.gz/examples/bear-1280x720.jpg
./guix-vendor/rust-pdf-writer-0.12.1.tar.gz/examples/bear-1280x720.mp4
./guix-vendor/rust-pdf-writer-0.12.1.tar.gz/examples/rhino.png
./guix-vendor/rust-pdf-writer-0.12.1.tar.gz/examples/sRGB_v4.icc
./guix-vendor/rust-pdf-writer-0.12.1.tar.gz/examples/tiger-cmyk.jpg
./guix-vendor/rust-pixglyph-0.5.1.tar.gz/tests/(.ppm
./guix-vendor/rust-pixglyph-0.5.1.tar.gz/tests/A.ppm
./guix-vendor/rust-pixglyph-0.5.1.tar.gz/tests/l.ppm
./guix-vendor/rust-pixglyph-0.5.1.tar.gz/tests/g.ppm
./guix-vendor/rust-psm-0.1.26.tar.gz/src/arch/wasm32.o
./guix-vendor/rust-resvg-0.43.0.tar.gz/examples/ferris.png
./guix-vendor/rust-svg2pdf-0.12.0.tar.gz/src/icc/sGrey-v4.icc
./guix-vendor/rust-svg2pdf-0.12.0.tar.gz/src/icc/sRGB-v4.icc
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-0.8.22.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/bare-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-0.8.22.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/comment-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-0.8.22.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/multi-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-0.8.22.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/only-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-0.8.22.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/rawmulti-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-0.8.22.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/rawstring-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-0.8.22.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/string-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-0.8.22.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/encoding/utf16-comment.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-0.8.22.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/encoding/utf16-key.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-edit-0.22.26.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/bare-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-edit-0.22.26.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/comment-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-edit-0.22.26.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/multi-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-edit-0.22.26.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/only-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-edit-0.22.26.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/rawmulti-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-edit-0.22.26.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/string-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-edit-0.22.26.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/control/rawstring-null.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-edit-0.22.26.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/encoding/utf16-key.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-toml-edit-0.22.26.tar.gz/tests/snapshots/invalid/encoding/utf16-comment.stderr
./guix-vendor/rust-ttf-parser-0.24.1.tar.gz/examples/wasm/TTC.ttc
./guix-vendor/rust-ttf-parser-0.24.1.tar.gz/tests/fonts/demo.ttf
./guix-vendor/rust-ttf-parser-0.24.1.tar.gz/tests/fonts/colr_1.ttf
./guix-vendor/rust-ttf-parser-0.24.1.tar.gz/tests/fonts/bitmap.otb
./guix-vendor/rust-ttf-parser-0.24.1.tar.gz/tests/fonts/colr_1_variable.ttf
./guix-vendor/rust-two-face-0.4.3.tar.gz/generated/syntaxes-fancy-newlines.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-two-face-0.4.3.tar.gz/generated/acknowledgements_full.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-two-face-0.4.3.tar.gz/generated/syntaxes-fancy-no-newlines.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-two-face-0.4.3.tar.gz/generated/syntaxes-onig-no-newlines.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-two-face-0.4.3.tar.gz/generated/syntaxes-onig-newlines.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-two-face-0.4.3.tar.gz/generated/themes.bin
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/DejaVuSansMono-Bold.ttf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/DejaVuSansMono-Oblique.ttf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/DejaVuSansMono.ttf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/LibertinusSerif-Bold.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/LibertinusSerif-Italic.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/LibertinusSerif-Regular.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/LibertinusSerif-Semibold.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/DejaVuSansMono-BoldOblique.ttf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/LibertinusSerif-BoldItalic.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/NewCM10-BoldItalic.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/NewCM10-Bold.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/NewCM10-Italic.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/LibertinusSerif-SemiboldItalic.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/NewCM10-Regular.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/NewCMMath-Bold.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/NewCMMath-Book.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/fonts/NewCMMath-Regular.otf
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/icc/CMYK-to-XYZ.icc
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/icc/sRGB-v4.icc
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/icc/sGrey-v4.icc
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/icu/icu.postcard
./guix-vendor/rust-typst-assets-0.13.1.tar.gz/files/icu/icu_cj_segment.postcard
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---