Subject: Re: [bug#76513] [PATCH rust-team 00/77] Add module (gnu packages typst) and packages

From: Andrew Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2025 00:39:36 -0500

Hi All,

I've been working on implementing Alexis' changes and suggestions. 
However, I've run into a roadblock regarding the bug you mentioned in 
version 0.13.0. Though the bug has been fixed a few days ago, trying to 
build typst from the fixing commit has led me to a few roadblocks, 
because the git-packaged version of Typst depends on downloading 
git-packaged versions of its component packages, which I then tried to 
package themselves but ran up against more roadblocks. Has anyone here 
successfully packaged rust packages with github dependencies? Any 
notes/pointers/examples? I tried grepping around guix but couldn't find 
a good example.

So far, I've just been trying to build the release version as retrieved 
from git, because it only has one git dependency 
'rust-typst-dev-assets', but I can't get even that to build, so I am 
stumped. Is it OK if I just send in the next version of the patch series 
(with the search path fixes) and either a) allow someone with the skills 
to implement the fix after the patches are merged or b) wait (or ask) 
for the typst developers to release a "0.13.1" with the fix?