Subject: Re: bug#7651: 23.2.91; Rmail doesn't allow displaying text attachments conveniently

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 20:08:55 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've just committed several changes to improve MIME
> handling.  Attached is the relevant part of NEWS.  Rmail
> users please check the new behavior.

I've just described the new behavior in info
(doc/emacs/rmail.texi).  Could someone please fix/improve my
English?

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]

---- this is the relevant part in rmail.texi ----
@cindex MIME messages (Rmail)
@vindex rmail-enable-mime
  Rmail, by default, decodes a MIME message and display the body
part(s) in a humar readable way.  If the message contains multiple
parts (entities), each part has an additional single tagline that
contains the information about depth, index, and type of the part.  It
may also contain buttons to handle the part (for saving or
image-showing).

  If you customize @code{rmail-enable-mime} to @code{nil} (the default
is @code{t}), Rmail does not show MIME decoded message until a user
explicitly requires it.

@table @kbd
@findex rmail-mime-toggle-hidden
@item @key{RET}
  Hide or show the body of a MIME entity at point.

@findex rmail-mime-next-item
@item @key{TAB}
  Move point to the next displayed item of MIME entity (part).

@findex rmail-mime-previous-item
@item @key{BackTab}
  Move point to the previous displayed item of MIME entity (part).

@findex rmail-mime
@item v
@kindex v @r{(Rmail)}
  The @kbd{v} (@code{rmail-mime}) command toggles the display of a
MIME message between the raw mode and the default mode.  In the raw
mode, the undecoded MIME data is displayed.  With a prefix argument,
it toggles the display of only an entity at point.

  But, if the variable @code{rmail-enable-mime} is @code{nil}, the
command creates a temporary buffer displaying the current MIME
message.  By default, it displays plain text and multipart messages,
and offers buttons to save attachments.
@end table