Subject: bug#7651: 23.2.91; Rmail doesn't allow displaying text attachments conveniently

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 13:50:48 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]> writes:
> I hope I can commit related changes within this week.

I've just committed several changes to improve MIME
handling.  Attached is the relevant part of NEWS.  Rmail
users please check the new behavior.

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------
** Rmail

** The default value of `rmail-enable-mime' is now t.  Rmail decodes
MIME contents automatically.  You can customize the variable
`rmail-enable-mime' back to `nil' to disable this automatic MIME
decoding.

** The command `rmail-mime' change the displaying of a MIME message
between decoded presentation form and raw data if `rmail-enable-mime'
is non-nil.  And, with prefix argument, it change only the displaying
of the MIME entity at point.

** The new command TAB (rmail-mime-next-item) moves point to the next
item of MIME message.

** The new command backtab (rmail-mime-previous-item) moves point to
the previous item of MIME message.

** The new command RET (rmail-mime-toggle-hidden) hide or show the
body of the MIME entity at point.