Subject: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg: LibreJS blocks JavaScript

From: Roman Riabenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2025 20:56:08 +0200

Hello.

On Sun, 02 Mar 2025 18:18:09 +0100
Tomas Volf <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have opened the https://codeberg.org in a browser with the LibreJS
> extension installed, and two scripts are blocked due to "External script
> with no known license":
> 
>     https://codeberg.org/assets/js/webcomponents.js
>     https://codeberg.org/assets/js/index.js
> 
> They indeed do not seem to contain any kind of license notice.
> 
> Since Forgejo is Free software, I assume it is just a matter of some
> mark missing somewhere.  I am not sure on who this is to fix, whether
> Codeberg (Forgejo?) or LibreJS, but I think it would be preferable if
> site hosting our repository was not blocked by GNU LibreJS.

Codeberg developers expressed willingness to resolve this issue, but it
looks like they cannot decide on the approach. See this issue for
details: https://codeberg.org/Codeberg/Community/issues/64

The issue is also tracked upstream:
* in Gitea: https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/issues/13393
* in Forgejo: https://codeberg.org/forgejo/forgejo/issues/1654

Meanwhile, another effort is to have the currently deployed source code
automatically disclosed, so that users could whitelist the website
manually. See: https://codeberg.org/Codeberg/Community/issues/1416

FSF associate members may also find this forum discussion relevant:
https://forum.members.fsf.org/t/what-is-the-last-update-on-gnu-forge-project/5337?u=riabenko

Roman